The Community Team of Visit Falkland work to help enhance, develop and bring together the community of Falkland, providing support and guidance to a variety of groups.
Hosting several events through the year Visit Falkland bring the community together to share and enjoy the magnificent place Falkland is, share ideas and get to know each other better, creating a much stronger pride in the place we live.
There are many groups and organisations in the village and trying to keep up with each can be difficult, Visit Falkland gather information from each to display in one place so that it is easier to find out what is going on and keep up to date with information in the community and surrounding area.
Tasks this team carry out include:
· Meeting with other groups to discuss opportunities for the community
· Hosting the annual Community Gathering in March
· Consultation with the community about what they want (and don’t want) in the village
· Keeping track of village news and events, and sharing this with everyone
· Researching new ideas and opportunities for the community
· Collating information about groups and resources in the village
· Bringing the community closer together and encouraging working together
· Working with other local communities to support them with their activities and development